- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia-Kiribati relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Australian High Commission in Kiribati
Welcome to the Australian High Commission, Tarawa website. If you wish to seek information about various services we provide, you may click on the links on this page. If you wish to email or make a general inquiry to the office, go to General Inquiry.
Visas and Immigration
Visa applications and enquiries in Kiribati are dealt with through the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC). Clients resident in Kiribati, regardless of nationality, should continue to direct enquiries and paper applications to the AVAC in Abarao, Tarawa. Clients can visit the AVAC in person or post or courier their visa application. The AVAC is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. For general visa enquiries, please email ttsKiribati@ttsvisas.com or call the AVAC on 29264/ 29265. For more information, including forms and checklists, please visit the official TT Services website at www.ttsaustralia.com.
Staff at the AVAC have no involvement in the decision-making process or any knowledge of the application outcome.Applications lodged through the AVAC are assessed and decided at the Australian High Commission in Suva, Fiji, see:http://www.fiji.embassy.gov.au/suva/Visas_and_Migration.html. For further information about visas and immigration, please see www.immi.gov.au.
Regional Jobs for Australia
No Australian company associated with the Overseas Workers Scheme or any other working scheme, has the authority to guarantee jobs or visas. Do not send any money to any company. If asked by any company to send money then refer the matter to the Australian High Commission. There is no guarantee for a working visa to Australia. Be aware that illegitimate websites exist for the sole purpose of receiving payment for services they have no intention of providing.
Grants available through the High Commission
The DAP is a small discretionary grants scheme administered by the Australian High Commission. Attention is given to projects providing direct benefits to those most in need in the local community, including vulnerable or disadvantaged groups, children and youth. The program usually opens in August for a month each year. The program is closed for 2013.
The Australian Sports Outreach Program is managed by the Australian Sports Commission and the Department of Foreign Affairs. Grants are available each year to organisations within the Pacific to further sports development within the region. The program is now closed.
The Australia Awards have been established to provide extensive scholarship programs to citizens of other countries and to develop enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours.
The Human Rights Grants Scheme provides grant funding to non-government organisations and human rights institutions based on or operating in developing countries to promote and protect human rights in direct and tangible ways.
Information for Australian Travellers
- Consular Duty Officer (during working hours) +686 21184, Consular Duty Officer (after working hours) +61 2 6261 3305
- Toll Free (local call cost - within Australia only) 1300 555 135
- Travel Advice from the Department
- Australian Travellers' Bulletin
- Australian travellers and residents in Kiribati are encouraged to register with the Australian High Commission in Kiribati and seek updated information on current security issues.
- Passports Australia
- Other Australian Embassies, consulates and missions websites around the world
There are currently no employment vacancies at the High Commission.
Head of Mission
Public Holidays Observed
- Christmas Day, Wednesday 25 December
- Boxing Day, Thursday 26 December
- Additional DFAT Holiday, Friday 27 December
- New Year's Day, Wednesday 1 January
- Australia Day (in lieu of 26 January), Monday 27 January
- Good Friday, Friday 18 April
- Easter Monday, Monday 21 April
- Queen's Birthday, Monday 9 June
- Kiribati National Day, Thursday 10 July
- Kiribati National Day, Friday 11 July
- Youth Day, Tuesday 12 August
- Family and Community Day, Monday 29 September
- Labour Day (ACT), Monday 6 October
- Additional DFAT holiday, Wednesday 24 December
- Christmas Day, Thursday 25 December
- Boxing Day, Friday 26 December
- Additional DFAT holiday, Monday 29 December.