- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia-Kiribati relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Australian High Commission in Kiribati
Welcome to the Australian High Commission, Tarawa website. If you wish to seek information about various services we provide, you may click on the links on this page. If you wish to email or make a general inquiry to the office, go to General Inquiry.
Notice - 'Regional Jobs for Australia'
No Australian company associated with the Overseas Workers Scheme or any other working scheme, has the authority to guarantee jobs or visas. Do not send any money to any company. If asked by any company to send money then refer the matter to the Australian High Commission. There is no guarantee for a working visa to Australia. Be aware that illegitimate websites exist for the sole purpose of receiving payment for services they have no intention of providing.
Grants available from the High Commission
Direct Aid Program is now Closed
The Australian High Commission provides assistance to the community in Kiribati through the Direct Aid Program (DAP). DAP is a small grants scheme that focuses on providing a range of options to enhance the lives of people within the community.
The Australian High Commission Discretionary Aid Program (DAP) committee has now selected two projects as part of the first tranche of project selection. The successful organisations have been notified.
Later this year more of the submissions will be selected, and the successful organisations will be contacted.
The Australian Sports Outreach Program is managed by the Australian Sports Commission and the Department of Foreign Affairs. Grants are available each year to organisations within the Pacific to further sports development within the region.
The Australia Awards have been established to provide extensive scholarship programs to citizens of other countries and to develop enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours.
The Human Rights Grants Scheme provides grant funding to non-government organisations and human rights institutions based on or operating in developing countries to promote and protect human rights in direct and tangible ways.
Information for Australian Travellers
- Consular Duty Officer (during working hours) +686 21184, Consular Duty Officer (after working hours) +61 2 6261 3305
- Toll Free (local call cost - within Australia only) 1300 555 135
- Travel Advice from the Department
- Australian Travellers' Bulletin
- Australian travellers and residents in Kiribati are encouraged to register with the Australian High Commission in Kiribati and seek updated information on current security issues.
- Passports Australia
- Other Australian Embassies, consulates and missions websites around the world
General inquiries (via email):
There are no employment vacancies at DFAT Tarawa or AusAID at the moment.
Head of Mission
2013 Public Holidays
- Queen's Birthday, Monday 10 June
- National Culture Day, Thursday 11 July
- National Independence Day, Friday 12 July
- Youth Day, Tuesday 6 August
- Labour Day, Monday 7 October
- National Education Day, Tuesday 8 October
- Christmas Day, Wednesday 25 December
- Boxing Day, Thursday 26 December
- Additional DFAT Holiday, Friday 27 December